Pixma pro 100 Wi-fi interfering with other stuff

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
first fiddler
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Pixma pro 100 Wi-fi interfering with other stuff
In reply to erichard, 6 months ago

Despite the claim in the Pro-100 documentation that you must run through the whole setup process again to change networks, I simply plugged an ethernet cable from my router to the printer, held down the lower (restart, etc.) button until the on/off light had flashed exactly 11 times, and released the button.  Voila…. the wireless light WENT OUT and the printer started using the wired connection.  The same logical printer (in the Macintosh "print and scan" system preference panel) continued to work.  No reconfig was needed.  The printer picked up a dynamically-assigned internet address from the router,.  It printed fine… no, not just fine, but about 10 times as fast as it had (30 second 4x6's versus several minutes on wireless)!!!  I only have an 802.11g router, not the newer 802.11n, but there seems to be enough bandwidth with the "g" to send the same files, with the same bit-depth, to my other printersin less than a minute.  Canon's wireless implementation on this printer is SLOW!  (Other than that the Pro-100 is a fine printer.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow