ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mikenj1000
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Safari Lenses
11 months ago

Hi,

I'm new to posting and the forums here, but I'm looking for some reliable unbiased advice and thought this community was the best place to go.  I've read some other posts on safari equipment here, but they seem to be older and was looking for some updated opinions.

I'm going on safari in Kenya this summer and want to make sure I have the best equipment my budget can afford....and unfortunately, budget is a concern.  Currently I'm shooting with a Nikon D7000 and the 70-300 VR lens.  It took great pictures last summer on safari, but there was a significant difference in reach between myself and the people with longer lenses.  I'm thinking of upgrading to a bigger lens with the Nikon 80-400 and Sigma 50-500 being the most likely purchases.  I've found each of these used through a reliable distributer for roughly the same price.

So...my question to all of you is, which lens do you feel would be the better purchase for my needs?  Or am I better off staying with what I have and putting the money to use elsewhere?  I'm also open to other suggestions if you have another lens in mind.  Just looking to gather as much info as possible before making my decision.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow