SONY ANSWERED!!!! PART 2

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,194Gear list
Like?
Re: there was not much news
In reply to 1prime, 7 months ago

1prime wrote:

I agree with Robert that Sony is trying to do its best given the situation it faces. That said, it is in Sony's best interest to improve on the problem characteristics I noted in an earlier post. Do you agree? And quezra, I have been impressed with a number of your past posts, and disagree with you being considered a paid shill. But do you find any benefit to Sony in my earlier post?

Not sure which post you're talking about.  Of course killing NEX harmed Sony's brand image, I don't think anyone has ever disagreed with that.  The problem some of us could see however was that NEX was overshadowing Alpha and we could see that Sony's chosen way to restore Alpha was to kill NEX.  Was it a great way to do it?  I think it wasn't as damaging as some people have made it out to be.  But it was damaging, just not some sort of disaster as the vast majority of people don't pay attention to camera brand names, and as most of us who believe in the Sony system providing for our needs, it's still ultimately the intrinsics that matter.  And nothing about the A3000/5000/7/7R show them damaging the intrinsic strengths of E-mount.  I think E-mount has never been healthier in fact - excellent range of fixed aperture zooms and then FF lenses that also provide additional APS-C options for those who want uncompromising quality.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yay!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow