Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
historianx
Contributing MemberPosts: 801
Like?
Do it, Touit :)
6 months ago

Got my 32 F1.8 Zeiss Touit Planar yesterday from B&H.  My initial impressions?  Superb build quality, everything feels solid and correct,  MUCH moreso than the Fujinon 35 F1.4 I had the pleasure of owning for one day.  Everything about the Touit just feels so much more solid.  Plus, I was lucky enough to have a couple models drop by, and ended up  doing the entire shoot with the Touit and my X-E1, iso 200, RAW/Fine with B&W film sim, no filter.

Well processed through Aperture, I am just simply blown away at the sharpness, contrast, and the overall resolution of this lens! (In the studio I rarely shoot below F8).   Plus although it seems to focus and lock about the same speed as the Fuji it's "parroting," it's so much more quieter a/f-wise, without the annoying clicking of the aperture opening and closing.   People bark about the large lens hood, but imo it provides nice balance when holding the camera and lens.  And I like the fact it's a wee bit wider than the Fuji, with its 48mm field of view (Aperture metadata actually recorded it at 47.5mm).

But what ultimately sold me on this lens was that it is 1) only $121 more than the Fuji, and 2) Zeiss is offering a free extended warranty program that gives the lens a 3-year factory warranty upon registering.

Plus as usual B&H is the best, no worries about being sold a customer return.

Very highly recc.  for those trying to decide.  I have no doubts the Fuji is a competent lens, but the Zeiss is DEF a step beyond.   Now if Zeiss gives us a fast prime portraiture lens, couple with the 12mm F2.8, I cannt be responsible for the behaviour of my wallet!!     Cheers mates

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow