A RC Mode FL-600R Flash Questions (underexposure)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,666Gear list
Like?
A RC Mode FL-600R Flash Questions (underexposure)
11 months ago

I haven't experimented much with remote controlled flash until now. There is another thread regarding underexposure of someones system using it in RC mode. However in their case they had the wide angle and catchlight cards pulled out mistakenly. In MY case they are NOT pulled out. What I'm running into is pretty much dark exposures when using the 600R as the remote slave (in the prescribed RC setting on the flash) and the camera set as it needs to be to RC on. I've checked and double checked all settings on both camera and flash and all seems as it should be. When I had several Nikon's they were pretty much fool proof in the same situation. What is shutting down the setup on the Olympus? It should just be working TTL and expose correctly, but it is grossly underexposed (can't even see the subject in dim livingroom light). So what am I missing? Now bear in mind when the 600R is ON camera as the main flash (not using the provided little trigger flash) It does a fine job nailing exposures in TTL-Auto or Auto regardless of the situation with no issues. This is strictly in RC mode......

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow