A breakthrough in K-3 images in shade ......

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
jackdan
Contributing MemberPosts: 892
Like?
Re: EMEM...
In reply to Qwntm, 9 months ago

Qwntm wrote:

emem wrote:

No, you are obviously not understanding correctly. I am saying that I DO NOT THINK THAT NR IS CAUSING OR HAS CONTRIBUTED IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY TO MY PROBLEM. However at the moment it is just a thought. The image I took here had NR set to Auto - something Qwntm has said is causing blurred images. I did it intentionally to show it has no effect on the image.

LOTS of people have suggested to you already to turn NR to OFF. emem, have you even tried shooting your K3 with NR OFF at all??

Of course I have - I might be stupid but I'm not an idiot!!

From what i understand, NR set to auto DOES degrade your photo's sharpness and detail dramatically. What exactly is going on here sir?

And how did you come by this understanding? Is it from your own tests and trials or have you been reading what Qwntm wrote?

Also may i ask what lenses or lens, you have been using with all these samples you have posted?

I have been using the DA18-135 and DA*60-250.

Now can I ask you a question? Have you read the opening post of mine? It explains quite clearly what my issue was. Nothing, nil, nada, zilch to do with NR settings. I still have much testing and measuring to do, but I'm confident I now have the solution to MY problem (and I suspect a few others had similar problems). I believe the NR "solution" so widely publicised by Ed (Qwntm) is, in fact, a furphy. My problems, I'm almost certain, stem from clipping highlights because of my Custom Image settings, focusing issues, possibly connected to shooting in shade/low light, and excessive noise as a by-product of the other issues.

Hey Mike,
So you took one shot with Auto ISO reduction on and that proves I'm wrong? LOL.
I have MANY shots with Auto ISO on that are sharp. It's the random soft ones that turning it off eliminates.

You previously said,

"I have observed that in flat light conditions, the AUTO setting will employ VERY HIGH ISO noise reduction even at ISO's as low as 400, resulting in completely blurry images when viewed at 100%. Yet the same scene photographed in more contrasty light will receive little High ISO noise reduction applied by the AUTO setting."

Are you now saying the AUTO setting randomly employs very high ISO noise reduction and not just in flat light conditions? Also, are you now saying the the resulting images are only soft and not completely blurry?

Also AFA is a problem you should use AF-s, but maybe you missed that post/video.
And finally, maybe you did get a bad camera with wonky sr. Why are you banging your head against the wall, and claiming I don't know a thing about photography... cuase that's what your trying to say...
A "furphy?" I'm not sure you understand the high iso noise reduction issue well enough to even replicate the test and the logic behind why I am 100% certain the "AUTO" setting is a bad deal. The logic is irrefutable.
But 1 more time:
A.)High ISO NOISE reduction set to HIGH blurs the crap out of your images at 100%
B.)While set to "AUTO," the HIGH selection is an option.
C.)HIGH ISO NR set to AUTO can choose HIGH.
THEREFORE: High iso NR set to AUTO can blur the crap out of your photos without you knowing it.
I never said this was your specific problem. But why are you saying that NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE THIS PROBLEM BECAUSE I'm stupid?

-- hide signature --

Edward
www.youtube.com/photouniverse
www.edwardthomasart.com
www.pbase.com/edwardthomas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow