Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 4,104Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price
In reply to Iskender, 11 months ago

Iskender wrote:

tt321 wrote:

Essentially the same price as the 45/1.8 (euros, not too sure about dollars) - a bit expensive seen in this light? After all, most 50/1.8 lenses are cheaper than 85/1.8 lenses.

You could also think of it like this: the 45 is really close to being a 50, so it should be the cheapest.

Or: 24mm lenses tend to be a lot more expensive than 50mm lenses, so the the 45 should probably be cheaper.

Are you sure? Nice theory but why is 50mm special across all different formats? In medium format this is not the case. Nor does it seem to be the case for APSC.

A lot is decided by the actual millimetres, so equivalent millimetres are likely to lead to the wrong conclusions. But, if we follow your logic, I think a more obvious conclusion would be that the 45/1.8 is an absolute bargain.

The last point is definitely true. I cannot think of a better bargain, outside of unpredictable occasional sales and clearances (e.g. I got my 20/1.7 for half price and much lower than the 45!), than the 45/1.8. Certainly within the M43 lens line.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow