Should Sony Rangefinder-Style a new E-mount camera ?

Started 11 months ago | Polls thread
eazizisaid
Regular MemberPosts: 124Gear list
Like?
Re: Should Sony Rangefinder-Style a new E-mount camera ?
In reply to JamieTux, 11 months ago

JamieTux wrote:

Your missing something though - the X100 and XE form are set by function - the same as the Leica - they all have rangefinder style system for the optical viewfinders - cool as it may look (or not) that's the way that technology works.
Rangefinders quickly fell away when SLRs kicked on (especially when AF was added), being able to see what the camera is seeing can be a big advantage!

Peronally I would love an e-mount rangefinder camera with rangefinder focussing - but aesthetics for the sake of aesthetics don't bother me - I find ergonomics to be a much more important dictator of form.

You meant the X Pro 1 Actually yes i know that the form in those two cameras (Even on the X10/20) are due to the optical viewfinder obligation... Still the form of the XE1/2 without that OVF is looking very nice !

eazizisaid's gear list:eazizisaid's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Leica APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow