Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zorak
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Beginner's questions
6 months ago

Hello guys (and gals), I'm a bit of a beginner in photography, I've always used point and shoot cameras, and I've taken the leap, with nothing less than a Sony A7. I'm beginning to understand how to operate with it, I've taken some photos that I consider "Awesomy awesome", coming from where I come.

But I need some advice, and most of all, critics. I'm going on vacations in a few weeks, and in the meantime I'd like to improve as much as I can. So any things you can tell on composition, exposure, etc, will be really welcome.

My flickr gallery is here :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/83668670@N06/

And here are some shots I like. Most of them were taken with the kit zoom, and those who miss lens exif data are taken with an old Olympus Zuikor 50 f1.8 lens my father gave me.

For most of them, I did apply a little post processing in Lightroom, but don't know the software enough actually. So most of the time it's "apply lens correction", and "auto tonality", with minor corrections from myself afterwards. On some of them I tried to diminish the noise, as they are taken at 6400 iso. And on some of them I just putted them "flat", because I frackin' don't know how to shoot straight.

A7 with kit zoom :

The following are taken with the Zuiko 50mm f1.8 :

An "artsy" one. Yeah, I know.

Good or uninteresting, can't make my mind

So guys, don't destroy me, but please tell me how things could be improved, would be really nice.

Have a nice day !

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow