Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
rpm40
Senior MemberPosts: 1,920Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price
In reply to lambert4, 8 months ago

Good ideas all around.

I was hoping for the 25 to be similar in size to the 20, then I would surely have upgraded. I was hoping it would be a sibling of the 45, and it looks like they've delivered. Just because you can get a 50mm for Canikon for $100 doesn't mean this one needs a similar price to be reasonable. $299 is reasonable, and it sounds like it will be at or near that price in short order.

The small kit lens is really nice, the 14-42 isn't a huge kit lens, but pancakes are so much more pocketable. I was hoping the 12-45 range would be correct, as that would cover the full zoom range I'd need in a super compact package. Still, it's appealing.

The body cap lens- I like it at least for the idea that they are expanding the body cap concept. Treat them like toy lenses, release a handful to give some variety, and you have something that could be pretty fun. I also read that it's fairly easy to remove the aperture in the original kit lens to make it approximately f2, though the IQ really suffers. Still, it just gives you more options to experiment and play. Imagine the fun you could have with a cheap 8mm f2 body cap lens, even if the quality is pretty poor. Sounds fun to me!

rpm40's gear list:rpm40's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow