Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,262Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus 25mm f/1.8 images and price
In reply to Pixnat2, 8 months ago

It'll be interesting to see the size comparison on the 25mm, I had hoped for a small pancake like the 20mm/1.7 or the 17/2.8 , vs another in the size of the 17/1.8 and 12/2.0.  But I will bet it is a nicely received lens for many though that have been in the m4/3 system for years we have built the kit and unless it does something remarkable in size or IQ the 25/1.4 is still the king in that FL.  Pancake kit seems nice if it performs better than the Panasonic PZ then it could be a nice travel companion lens.  Embarrassingly enough, and it has been said the 9mm lens cap actually has me interested, I have never had a fish eye lens! and at the cost of the body cap I could actually see myself playing with it, and if the IQ is better than the 15mm version it may actually be a useful tool for those occurrences where wide is needed?

as always I am always encouraged when they expand the system, these seem to cover FL already in existence but more offerings shows a commitment to the system and growth.  Still looking for a long tele prime though, and I think there are many of us doing so.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MehNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow