Why is the Sony NEX/Alpha series so underrated?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smiller4128
Regular MemberPosts: 339Gear list
Like?
Why is the Sony NEX/Alpha series so underrated?
8 months ago

So when I first started into photography a few years ago, Immediately everyone told me that it'd be a classic choice between Canon and Nikon. Through the years, I have picked up cameras in both camps and have enjoyed them all very much.

However, I recently made a switch over to the Sony NEX 6 paired with the Zeiss 24mm f1.8 and this is the happiest I've ever been with my photography! and why? Cause I no longer have to devote an entire day to taking my camera out with me and do what I call "hunting" for shots or pictures to take. Now, I always have my camera on me and I'm not only capturing more photographs but I'm also grabbing shots that I would have never of gotten had I had my old canon or nikon because they were just too big and heavy to carry along with me everywhere. As a personal choice, I also love the NEX lineup over the M4/3's format due to color rendition and IQ.

Some friends and I took a trip together recently and one of them tried to criticize my choice of the Sony NEX over the nikon I had before. His argument was that Nikon is a much better brand (his camera brand as well) and he tried to say how much better his older Nikon was than my new Sony. So I asked where his Nikon was so we could compare and he said that he "left it at home because it's too big and bulky to bring it along". I told him that's the very reason for my decision and that it's also why I'll get the best pictures on our trip because I've got my awesome Sony with me while his Nikon is left at home.

So my question is, why is it that this lineup of cameras is so underrated? You hear about Canon, you hear about Nikon, but there's hardly ever a peep about Sony's awesome little NEX (Now Alpha-branded) lineup of cameras. It's a shame as I'm sure many others would switch if they perhaps knew more about it.

Smiller4128's gear list:Smiller4128's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow