Should Sony Rangefinder-Style a new E-mount camera ?

Started 8 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eazizisaid
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Should Sony Rangefinder-Style a new E-mount camera ?
8 months ago

I am a big fan of E-mount cameras ! I only own a NEX-F3 with the Viewfinder and yet, believe that it's a very serious and capable setup to shoot with for at least 3 years.

But to be honest, if Sony count me among its customers because i use my brain considering the price tag, Value/Price Ratio and technical specs of my F3... Well then, FUJIFILM has my heart.

I still remember the first time i held a Fuji X10 and how i was fascinated by its build quality and look!! The X100 back then had a much striker effect and so did the XE1 ! I mean man that's the look and the feel i want to have in my camera, with all those top dials and stuff :

Personally i don't mind trading the grip and modern look for something plain and kick-ass looking as Leica and Fujifilm produce. I mean Sony is capable of making something like that, why aren't they considering it ?

You know i thought, when i only had the NEX F3 and a few lenses that i would stop looking at the XE1 if i'll ever get the Viewfinder because it is the only thing that was missing my camera to surpass the XE1 in technical specs (Yes i believe the F3 is better) but i simply didn't ! Whenever i go around Fuji's Store, i go there to have a moment with the XE1!!!!

So yes, Sony might loose me if there won't be any rangefinder styled (retro styled whichever you want) ILCE-A9000 or ILCE-A8000 in the next two years !

You might want to participate in the poll down below if you want an E-mount rangefinder styled camera ! Maybe Sony's design team is reading this...

My all time favourite NIKON SP !!

Thank you

eazizisaid's gear list:eazizisaid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Leica Summicron-M 35mm f/2 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Leica APO-Summicron-M 90mm f/2 ASPH +3 more
POLL
I would prefer a Retro-Styled (Leica M) E-mount line (ILCE-9000) over the current look of the Sony A7r
67.5% 27  votes
You said it, it's a Retro design and we want a modern look in nowadays camera
32.5% 13  votes
  Show results
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-F3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow