Wide angle lens?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mermaidkiller
Regular MemberPosts: 373Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 14mm f2.8. But...
In reply to Damoo, 11 months ago

Damoo wrote:

I rented and tried the 14mm f2.8 L II on my 6D. I think its one of the best lens from Canon in terms of optics.

But then its too damn expensive & I could not figure out if its worth the price. (2000+ USD)And it has a bulged front end but not a fish eye lens.

When one checks this lens, then the decision tree is wider. With compromise A, you get Samyang14mm f2.8, with compromise B the 17-40mm L is good, with compromise C sigma 12-24m.... the list goes on. Depends on what you can compromise and what you cannot.

According to this test

http://www.extremeinstability.com/lens14mm.html

the Samyang has better IQ than the Canon. But, the Samyang has more distortion and vignetting which can be corrected. Coma and CA can NOT be corrected. I like this Samyang as well on my 6d, razor sharp pics even at full f/2.8, and due to the short focal length, manual focus and control is not an issue for me.

You have a Sigma 10-20 ? I have had that lens and it should work on a fullframe like a 6d (not tried myself) and from 15mm on without vignetting. Lower FL (10-15mm) will obviously a circular image with a blurred edge.

-- hide signature --

Ricoh KR-5 ... Pentax ME Super ... Canon T90 ... ... ... 40d ... 7d ... 6d

mermaidkiller's gear list:mermaidkiller's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
okayNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow