Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,383Gear list
Like?
X-E2 and 35/1.4 resolving power ...
11 months ago

At a recent photoshoot in Melbourne I had the opportunity to borrow the 35/1.4 for a few shots. I never really liked the focal range around the 50mm makr on FF, but I have to say that this lens is a nice piece of glass! I did, as one does, some immediate pixel peeping at 100% and find that the lens would be worth buying if you don#t want to get too close for portraits and want to get maximum resolution out of your gear. I certainly will be looking if I can buy one second hand, just for the sheer resolving power.

First picture the original, for a portrait too close, elongated nose so probably not suitable for this type of portraits, the second one a 100% crop of the same picture. Processed in Capture One 7 Pro.

In the crop, you can see the flashes, plus my arms (yeah, right...) and the coloured spirals within the iris. Keep in mind that this wasn't a macro shot! Try to look at the crop at 100%!

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow