Found a A7 hack for those who love shooting in Aperture priority mode!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photoshoto
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
Found a A7 hack for those who love shooting in Aperture priority mode!
6 months ago

Like many of us, my default for shooting is always "A", or aperture priority mode.

Given the A7 sets the default speed to 1/60 in the Aperture priority mode, and there's no way to change that to the a faster minimum in settings, I stumbled upon something accidentally today which totally solves this for me (and perhaps for a lot of us).

Steps to try:

*Note: Make sure ISO is set to AUTO ISO first.

1. Go to "A" and set your Aperture to whatever you'd like. Say 1.8 for the 55mm.

2. Now go to "S' and set the shutter speed you'd like as a minimum. Say 1/125 for portraits etc.

3. Now switch the camera to the "M", manual mode. Voila! The camera remembers your minimum shutter speed as 1/125, your aperture at 1.8 and plays with your ISO to give you the right exposure.

4. Have fun!

* Now if this could be obvious to all of you, and I just woke up from my slumber in a cave, but I am jumping in joy, since my shots aren't blurry anymore

Oh- and here's a pic I shot with those settings. (grain added in LR)

photoshoto's gear list:photoshoto's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow