Help deciding whether to get the Nikon Df

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
camerosity
Regular MemberPosts: 354Gear list
Like?
Not recommended when the D800 is the same price
In reply to dv312, 7 months ago

Really, the D800 is a better deal. Unless you plan to always be shooting at ISO 6400+, I would get a D800 over a Df every day of the week.

Ergonomics of the Df are poor compared to the D800 (try holding the Df with a heavy lens hanging off the front, it is unacceptable). Df has a single SD card slot. What??

D800 is a pro body, Df is a prosumer body.

I don't really care for the retro look (OK it looks neat, but am I out to impress people or get my money's worth?). If it was a D800 inside the body, I'd be a lot more interested.

Nikon was inspired by the success of the Fuji X100. They figured they would get in on the game. The thing they missed was that there was no equivalent camera to the X100 to compare it to. The X100 also offered a rangefinder and an EVF all in the same camera, a breakthrough feature never seen before. What does the Df offer that has never been seen before? What is its breakthrough feature?? Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

If the Df body only was priced at $1999, I'd say go for it. That's a good deal. But $2799 gets you a D800, which is a far better camera in every way over the Df in my book.

camerosity's gear list:camerosity's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow