Flat view
charlesyj7
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Budget camera with manual movie mode
3 months ago

Hey guys

I need some help.

I'm thinking of creating a youtube channel with several kinds of videos: pranks (outdoors shooting), some sketches (indoors and outdoors) as well as some hidden camera footage outdoors (long zoom).

I've done a lot of research and I can't seem to find the right camera. My budget is around $500.

My needs are:

1 - Good image quality. This is a must. I don't want cheap looking videos. I want something that looks professional, but doesn't have to be TV quality.

2 - Manual video mode. Changing focus, aperture or exposure makes videos look unprofessional, in my opinion. I want to be able to control these manually and lock them while recording.

A tilting screen would be nice, but it's not a must. Same for the EVF and mic input.

I've read that Panasonics are really good for video, but the GH2 is out of my budget, as well as the G6. The G5 has really good quality, but no manual movie mode. Sony is also good for video but I worry about the lens selection. Although there are quite a few, they're pricey.

I understand that at this price range, it's harder to look what I'm looking for, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks a lot.

NEX5R Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony Alpha NEX-3N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow