Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,325Gear list
Like?
My thoughts on the upcoming X-T1
11 months ago

I think better EVF, faster AF, faster SD card write time and weather seal are not enough to entice people to buy this new model.

The improvement between this and X-E2 is so little, it is less than the improvements from X-E1 to X-E2.

What I see is that it needs to have faster shutter speed to start (1/8000) for those using f/1.4 and f/1.2 lenses, and possibly faster x-sync speed (1/250 or 1/320).

Next, we need a better sensor. I think it is likely to have an improved sensor based on T-grains in films to improve low light ability (i.e.: less noise in high ISO). There was a leak on YouTube last year with someone testing a top-secret Fuji X-camera and they said Fuji specifically asked them to test for noise at ISO 1600. So I think we may see a new sensor here with noise performance closer to FF again.

The model naming T1 may have to do with this T-grains structure and the use of T also stands for  the Terminator (movie). Which means it should be a much improved camera.

What is difficult for Fuji now is pricing and the close timing of T1 and E2. If it is $1199 then it is going to make a lot of X-E2 users unhappy. They could have waited and pay a bit more for the T1.

If it is $1399, then it is in the OM-D E-M1 territory. Is AF as fast as the E-M1? Does it have HSS? Does it have tilting touch screen LCD? I cannot imagine the firmware feature on the T1 will be at the same level as E-M1. If that's the case, then the price should be closer to $1299.

Finally, will T1 have a built-in flash for fill or do I need to carry a flash? I hope it is the former.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +5 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow