Why EVF will never replace OVF for me

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
headfirst
Contributing MemberPosts: 585Gear list
Like?
Re: What eyes did you use for your test?
In reply to canonagain123, 11 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

My eyes can see better than the LV in my camera (5d II or any other DSLR I've ever used) in any light. I'm sorry that's not the case with your eyes. I promise I'm not an escaped lab experiment, I have a good vision and a good night vision. My night vision, like everyone's, requires several minutes to be be functional, 15-20 minutes for full night vision.

The room was completely dark except for some red leds, blue leds and green leds, providing a total of (estimated) 0.007-0.015 lux of light. Starlight is 0.001-0.03906 lux.

Show me an EVF that can see anything in that light, and I'll be happy to recant my statements about the EVF being useless to me.

Well, I'm 50 so I'm aware that my night-vision isn't what it was when I was 14 ...

But I'm also ex-military so I'm well aware of how night vision works.

An EVF doesn't see anything, it displays ... & as I said a Sony SLT with "vf setting effect off" works essentially as an image intensifier.

headfirst's gear list:headfirst's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony SLT-A77 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow