Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ian Abrahamson
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Like?
Canon SX 270 HS
11 months ago

Well a couple of years back on this forum, i asked about a pocket able Canon power shot camera with a great zoom at a reasonable price.

The options at the time, the S95 and the S100 which was about to come out.

Both these devices, take magnificent pictures, also its a camera you can get very creative with.

But lacked a zoom of note and this was that.

Then there was the SX220HS , the one without ther GPS. I dont need a gps, i have one in my vehicle anyway.

I was told that this camera chows batteries, took lousy pics, lagged and yadda yadda.

Well just look at some of the pics in my gallery...i think this was a gem of a camera in its class, yes there are better.  But this guy served me well and we traveled along way together, trouble free

Now its time for an improvement

Sticking to Canon,:-O  I am looking at the non gps and wifi model Canon SX 270HS. Its got a better processor and better zoom. Also has a nice panoramic feature, which i do like.

This is in my price range, it fits perfect in my pocket, although i have a Lowepro case on my belt, I am not a professional, but like scenic pictures, and people. I like to zoom alot, animals and scenes.

Now, any reason why i shouldn't get it. Battery isnt an issue, i have spares and not too much into movies. But its nice to know its there in case.

Ian

Ian Abrahamson's gear list:Ian Abrahamson's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS +1 more
Canon PowerShot S95 FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow