Wide angle lens?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
bigfatron
Regular MemberPosts: 477Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide angle lens? Canon 24-105; Rokinon 14 2.8
In reply to Colin Franks, 7 months ago

Colin Franks wrote:

While the 24-105 may indeed be a good lens, I don't think it's what I'm after. I have a killer 50 (f/1.2), a 2.8 70-200, so I feel that I've got that focal range covered already. The 24-105 starts at 24, and if my aim is for a wide angle, 24 seems to be a high starting point rather than 17, although that may be splitting hairs. Feel free to point out where that viewpoint is flawed.

I can understand where you're coming from completely. The 17-40 is definitely a safe bet and the additional range at the longer end might mean less changing lenses. My brother has the Mk 1 16-35 (which is actually another option as in the UK these go second hand for similar to a new 17-40) and that's plenty wide for most people.  Or go for a fisheye if you fancy something more extreme.

bigfatron's gear list:bigfatron's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
okayNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow