Why EVF will never replace OVF for me

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: I beg to differ a whole lot more
In reply to TrapperJohn, 10 months ago

TrapperJohn wrote:

An OVF shows you 100% of what you see, not what the sensor sees.

A good EVF, a really good one, shows you 100% of what your recorded image will be, including exposure (especially if you have live histo active), DOF at current shutter/aperture/ISO, WB (if shooting jpeg), and a few other handy options.

As to where everything camera related was created... Photography began in France with the discovery that silver nitrate was sensitive to light, and could record images. Most of the modern camera and lens design originated in Germany. Zeiss and Leitz came up with the basic individual lens designs that are in use today. Leitz created the first successful interchangeable lens system: the Leica. The first mirror and prism SLR was created by Zeiss: the Contaflex. The LCD and the LED were invented in the US as is the microprocessor that runs a digital camera. The digital image sensor was invented by... Kodak, who also built the first commercially successful DSLR.

Almost all of the great inventions that make modern life possible, were invented in either the US or Europe. The steam engine, electricity, radio, video, microprocessor, internal combustion engine, automobile, airplane, networking... gunpowder was invented in China, but it took Europeans to show what could really be done with it.

Asia is great at taking someone else's idea and manufacturing it at low cost, but without the western world, they wouldn't have a camera design to manufacture.

Asia (Korea, Japan) is years, even decades ahead of the Western world in many things that westerners have copied, and poorly I might add: robotic exoskeleton (Japan), nanotechnology (nanofilm, nanotransistor) (Korea), robotics and androids (Japan), electric cars (way more advanced in Japan and Korea where they're actually part of normal traffic, westerners only have them on design boards), and so on. Your claim is simply ridiculous and a perfect example of white supremacy delusions, but I won't discuss that further because that carries a risk of this turning political/flaming. By the way, China has the world's largest solar plant and China produces over 50 GW of solar power. USA is producing one GW.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WowNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow