Help deciding whether to get the Nikon Df

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
tkelly11
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon Df
In reply to Patrick McMahon, 9 months ago

Patrick McMahon wrote:

Tom, I echo all of the complimentary descriptions of the Df.

As far as printing is concerned you will be fine unless you are looking for billboard prints.

Concerning the grey market- I always stay away from them here in the states - the cost benefit is never enough. If I lived in the UK and was subjected to the pricing scheme there I would JUMP on the GM Df. This is of course after you take it for a spin. Pricing aside, the reason I say this is because of it's excellent construction. It is built like a tank but without the weight. As many have commented, all of our cameras had ~250 shutter releases and I feel that the QC on this product was demanding.

Good Luck

Thanks Patrick! Yes, in the UK, the Df's price feels quite ridiculously unbalanced when compared to the States or Asia. So its actually quite a good opp to get something at £1k cheaper than you would get in the stores here.

Cheers

-- hide signature --
 tkelly11's gear list:tkelly11's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow