Updated OS 10.7 or 10.8 for old iMac?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
LouCioccio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,576Gear list
Like?
Re: Regretting that I Upgraded to Mavericks
In reply to CameraCarl, 3 months ago

One of my JBOD boxes did the same thing (Mediasonic) if I let it sync with the iMac. I wondered if the computer goes into mode that it stops communicating.

WD may have a fix in their firmware I would look.  What I do now is used the JBOD when I am working but if I am going away from the computer for an extended time I unmount them and turn the unit off. I have another USB 3 box that hold one drive from SansDigital that does the same thing.

I even set the iMac drive to never sleep but its still does. Mediasonic and SansDigital know about it on their forums but I have not checked lately.

I did get my MacPro Tower 2006 to run Maverick with Tiamo hacked boot efi and am very pleased with it. It used to be my work horse and I re use it again as I had all four drive bays filled.

Lou Cioccio

LouCioccio's gear list:LouCioccio's gear list
Olympus E-30 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow