For still shooters: is there any new gear you are waiting for?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WT21
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,626Gear list
Like?
For still shooters: is there any new gear you are waiting for?
6 months ago

It just dawned on me that there really isn't anything more that I'm waiting for.

Improvements on certain concepts perhaps, but with the Sony a7 out, we've got a really wide range of options from 43 to full frame, from tiny pocket cameras (Panny GM1) to sports-shooting DSLRs. From fixed lens compacts with large sensors to interchangeable mirrorless, to translucent mirrors to flapping mirrors. From Foveon to Bayer to X-trans.

I'd be personally interested in a better ASP-C mirrorless offering from Canon with an in-built EVF, or better/real hybrid AF on a Fuji or actual lenses from Sony. Outside of those three (for me -- YMMV), I don't see a reason to be re-examining my current system choices, though I might cycle a few lenses.

What about you? Is there some rumored gear in the near term that you are waiting on pins and needles for? Or do you think you have pretty much what you need, and your just looking for some small upgrades here or there?

WT21's gear list:WT21's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow