ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alex SPb
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
:-D Removing garbage out from the objective
9 months ago

Hello everybody!

Few days ago i suddenly faced disappointing problem: while cleaning the glass with graphite lenspen, a piece of fibre, rather big piece, got inside of objective and stuck to the glass from inner side. Shaking and other manipulations could not manage to shake it off.
I started surfing web in hope to find some piece of advice, thinking of tomorrow's visiting the service and paying $$...

And suddenly (ha-ha! on a web site dedicated to fishing)) I found a tip about the vacuum cleaner!
I put the tube end of the cleaner on the open objective (before all, made the protective cover - see attached picture - from paper napkin in order not to scratch the surface of camera).
I turned the vacuum cleaner to the half of it's power (afraid of camera inner parts to be damage in case of too strong air pressure).

And as a result - perfectly clean objective glass!!! The fibre dissapeared!

Hope this tip will be useful for somebody, but more than that , i wish you not to face such problem as i had)

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow