Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bladebod
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
HS50EXR flash issues
3 months ago

Hi everyone, new HS50 EXR owner here, just getting used to the camera and functions etc, this is my second finepix bridge camera and in some respects the basic operating buttons are familiar to me.

Problem:

The flash release button has become difficult (maybe it always was) and wont allow the flash head to pop-up, only after determined and various pushing of the button will it perhaps 1 in 40 attempts allow the flash to pop up, now when the flash is "up" the 4 way nav button flash symbol gives no immediate control over the flash options ??

I have the camera set to AUTO to take away all perhaps conflicting settings and have reset the camera once to try and confirm there are no exotic lingering settings getting in the way of the flash pop-up and settings available. All to no avail.

The guy I bought it off maintains the pop-up button is interlocked internally around other settings, I think this is bull as the button is clearly just a release button. I can see the flash menu being affected by the settings and it may not shoot until all is right, the camera has warranty left on it from new, does anyone on here have any ideas, is the flash mechanism or menu a weak point.

Regards,

bladebod

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow