Why EVF will never replace OVF for me

Started Jan 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
nigelht Contributing Member • Posts: 997
Re: Interesting! And why undesirable?

canonagain123 wrote:

I actually had no idea it could be done that way too! It's obvious now that I hear about it, but I wouldn't have thought of it myself.

Why isn't it desirable? That technique would actually seem very good for low-light EVF, and if implemented I think it would improve current EVFs immensely. Are there any other methods? Signal gain introduces a lot of noise, that's not desirable either.

Undesirable 99% of the time because you get a smeared mess.  As for the other 1% of the time...you probably aren't taking pictures although the Oly implementation is useful.

Signal gain will generate noise in the EVF but without the blur.  It's also probably a lot easier.

 nigelht's gear list:nigelht's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D5300
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow