ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NPant
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Too late for x-pro?
7 months ago

Hi there everybody,

I've been looking to pick up my first system camera after selling my G15, and am really not interested in having a big fat DSLR, and it does seem like the land of the fuji is the place to be. I am slightly put off by the X100s simply because of it's fixed lens (which isn't the fastest ) and am therefore looking at the X-E2 and the X-Pro 1. I think I would like the X-Pro 1 more simply because of the OVF which is very noice indeed. Then I caught the full frame bug and started looking wistfully at the Sony A7 which is available locally for about 1500 usd. With X-Pro 1 going for so cheap right now on ebay, and I can get new for 1200 usd locallly, is it too late in the X-Pro 1 lifecycle to purchase it? Is the extra 300 for the full frame a7 worth it? i know I'll be losing the OVF but the sony one is supposed to be pretty good, and there's that gorgeous full frame sensor. The lenses are limited I know for the a7, but I'd probably be more interested in putting an adapter and some older lenses on it anyway.
I would really appreciate some advice!

Thanks!

NPant's gear list:NPant's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow