ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tvstaff
Contributing MemberPosts: 951Gear list
Like?
Award Dinner 1DX w/24-70 USM II and two 600RT Flashes
11 months ago

Hi All,

I have to shoot an awards dinner. 15 tables of 10 and a number of speakers. The stage with the speakers is hung well so the lighting will be good.  The tables much less so.  I want to avoid shadows where possible, keep highlights to a min for post-production and keep my WB true to life. All will be shot in RAW.

I'm using a 1DX with a f/2.8 24mm-70mm USM II and two 600 RT flashes.

I'm used to shooting sports outdoors and wonder if any of my friends can give some basics so I live through this.

I have small umbrellas but they seem useless here unless near the corner tables where they blend into the room. With the low light on the tables I wanted to use the focus assist on one 600 on camera with and have a the other 600 off to the side to cut some shadow from the side not facing the stage. Or should I just use the one 600 flash setup on the 1DX and stop overthinking this thing??? <ROFL>

Thank you!

As you can see below... I shoot portraits outdoors and this indoor stuff in a ballroom seems like tricky lighting.

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +13 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow