New canon 6D, 2 different exposure on viewfinder and live-view?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steviiee
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
New canon 6D, 2 different exposure on viewfinder and live-view?
11 months ago

Hey guys, I just got a new Canon 6D and I was wondering if this is normal or not. On a semi-dark room, while using the viewfinder on my 6D and take a photo, I get an underexposed image but, when I switch to live-vew, I get a decent/correct exposed image. Is this normal? Also, when I have the lens cap on, it shows as 1/100, f/5.6, ISO 400 as the correct exposure on the viewfinder, and 0.6", f/5.6, ISO 400as the correct exposure on live view? All of these were shot on manual mode, following the exposure metering as a guide.

Now, I tried this on to my old Canon T1i, on the same lens, same settings, same focal length 24mm(38.4mm for 6D) and the T1i is always spot on, on both the viewfinder and the live view. And when I put on the lens cap, the exposure meter is flashing 30" on any settings.
Is the 6D supposed to take a picture on how I'm supposed to see with my own eyes? Is this normal or theres a problem with my camera? This is my 3rd 6D with having different problems. (1st one I had 30+ dead/stuck pixels, 2nd one the dial wouldn't work)
Here's some examples on the 6D:

This is on the viewfinder:

viewfinder

This is live view:

live view

As you can see, the shutter speed is different on both the live view and the viewfinder. Especially once the room gets darker the max shutter speed the camera will do on the viewfinder is .6" while on the live view, 10"
Same lighting for both, same aperture, same ISO
Thank you.

Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow