New to Leica, new to street (and need work)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
siderean
Regular MemberPosts: 386Gear list
Like?
New to Leica, new to street (and need work)
11 months ago

I got a Mamiya camera a couple of years ago and feel like it really helped my portraits because it forced me to slow way down.

I've been wanting something smaller (than a Mamiya or my Nikons) to travel with or to carry around town when I'm out.  I dabbled in Fuji for a while but it wasn't a great fit.  I bought a Df and love the camera, but my lens options for it are frustratingly large.  So, here I am with my first Leica and, what I hope to me, a long relationship with it.

I really like photographing churches.  I didn't have much time over lunch today but I received a new CV 21mm/1.8 from eBay and just had to get out.

I also preset my focus and did some wandering around the streets.  I've not really photographed on streets much and never posted any of it.  While wandering I accidentally spun the aperture ring and ended up at f19 for the one 'street' shot I'm posting.  I panicked at the underexposed indicator in the view finder and quickly dialled down shutter speed to correct which I how I wound up with the blurry 1/30th of a second exposure that I got.  Still, this girl was singing her heart out so the shot still makes me smile and I liked the way her shoes matched the bottom of her skateboard (so I left it in colour).

Feel free to drop suggestions if you have any!

All using the 21mm.

-- hide signature --
 siderean's gear list:siderean's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow