Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ilium007
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Aperture problems - bad image links after repair database
11 months ago

Hi - I am struggling with some issues in Aperture at the moment. The other day I found about 1500 images showing up in Aperture as broken files, ie. the box with the 'referenced' icon in the bottom right corner. I looked at the filename (and posted on here on how to find the image on disk) and found that I had that same image filename in a working project. This was the case with all the ones I tested so I thought it was a case of simply deleting the "broken" images and then emptying the trash.

Today I had another issue where an import of RAW files failed when trying to generate previews. I left it for about an hour but it still seemed hung so I forcefully closed Aperture and opened it up again. A couple of the Projects were empty ie. those images that had caused the import to fail were removed.  I then tried to reimport the RAWs wight he option to ignore duplicates turned on. No images were available to import. I turned off the option to ignore duplicates and all the images were available to import. So I figured the database may be corrupted because it thought it had already imported the images that failed to import the first time.

I then did a repair database and then more issues - the 1500 files from the other day end up in the Recovered Projects folder again, all still broken. How do I fix my database ??? This is scaring me.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow