Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mckenzie0810
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Advice for next lens purchase
11 months ago

I'm looking for a lens to fill a void. I'm slowly building my "arsenal" of lenses. I shoot with a Canon 7D (purchased a year ago) and a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 , as well as a Canon 85mm 1.8 . I love both lenses. I am just starting to shoot outdoor portraits. I also do allot of outdoor / wildlife photography, year round. I am potentially going on a trip to China this spring for two weeks, and I know I need to be able to take photos at closer range - the typical tourist photos of street vendors, gardens, etc.  I sold my kit lens and a few other total beginner lenses to help purchase the two lenses above. So the void I need to fill is for closer range photos / street photos, etc. I'd also like it to be something I can use for ultra-sharp head shots and portraits.

My budget is $1000 or just a touch above that. Would love to stay under $1000. My local camera store is recommending a Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8. Anyone care to give their opinions on what I should be considering?

Thanks in advance!

mckenzie0810's gear list:mckenzie0810's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow