ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
caheaton
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Playing around with RAW on SP-565
3 months ago

Hello,
After 4 years of owning my SP-565 I finally go around to taking some RAW photos. It was a dreary, damp evening so I decided to play around with a little guy (lady?) I found hiding under the Christmas tree skirt after taking down the tree. Photos were taken using super macro mode. Processing was done in Paintshop Pro X5. I compared it to the jpg and Paintshop did a fine job with it's default choices...very close to the in camera jpg in colors, exposure (just a bit darker in the RAW image), etc. There is a small loss of detail in the jpg as the edges of the bug are a bit sharper in the RAW image. These photos's are crops taken from the original 10MP file.

Second image looks to be just a tad out of focus, light wasn't that great (I was illuminating the bug with a flashlight) so the camera had a bit of trouble finding focus (either that or I didn't hold it steady enough as the shutter speeds were a bit slow...shutter was 1/15 second). First photo was taken at 1/50 second. Both used F/3.5 at ISO 125.

Just thought I'd share....
Craig

bug1

bug2

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow