Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zwin
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Backpack for comfort?
11 months ago

I bought a Kata 3N1-20 DL after some research, but ended up hating it. The straps are stiff and uncomfortable, some combination of the strap padding is too wide and/or they're too far apart to make it not extremely uncomfortable to use as a regular backpack, and in cross mode the padding extends too far down the front of my chest (which just looks/feels awkward) unless I make it too loose (I mean, I'm 5' 8", which is by no means tall, but still).

But I really wanted something that could act like a backpack with easy access (like the Lowepro Fastpack), but the Kata interested me because you could use the straps in a cross (I have chronic shoulder pain and there are just times where I will take all the extra support I can get). The fact that it could also double as a sling was a nice bonus.

Is there anything like the Kata but more comfortable? I got the Kata for $55 USD but could probably be tempted to spend a little over a $100. Really only needs to fit a D7100 w/ standard zoom, a flash, and at least one extra midsize lens and probably a small prime.

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow