Why no scene modes on Canon S120 as other P&S cameras have?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
boogisha
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: Why no scene modes on Canon S120 as other P&S cameras have?
In reply to Heyseuss Hoolio, 6 months ago

Thanks for your reply, Heyseuss Hoolio, but I`m well aware of the scene modes S120 have, and it surely misses some that can be found on previous models and/or other PowerShot series. To name a few I really miss:

• Kids&Pets (Sports) (topic)
  • Stitch Assist (Panorama)
  • Beach
  • Foliage
  • Color Accent
  • Color Swap

While I really like some of the new scenes (like "Star" and "Background Defocus"), S120 doesn`t have the upper mentioned ones, unfortunately (where missing at least "Stitch Assist" is pretty unbelievable, while others offer seamless "Sweep Panorama" modes...).

Also, "My Color" settings work in JPEG mode only, meaning that once you select JPEG+RAW, JPEG won`t be using the "My Color" setup (discussed in this topic).

Checking the user guide, it seems the camera can opt for "Children" scene preset (while in "Auto" mode), quote: "So you don`t miss a photo opportunity of children who move around, the camera will capture three consecutive images for each shot". I guess these will be with some faster shutter speed, too? Again, not manually selectable, but strictly left for the camera to decide if it should be used (though maybe it could be mimicked using the "burst" shooting?).

boogisha's gear list:boogisha's gear list
Canon PowerShot A75 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon PowerShot S120
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow