A breakthrough in K-3 images in shade ......

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
KL Matt
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,244
Like?
Re: A breakthrough in K-3 images in shade ......
In reply to Bill Robb, 11 months ago

Bill Robb wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

Reality actually will vary.The K5II has .7 stops more DR than the K3,

Yes, in other words very nearly double the dynamic range of the K3. That is *very* significant in my opnion.

and both are well over the DR that one is likely to run into in any scene that isn't artificially set up to induce a DR failure.

I have frequently run up against DR limits with every digital camera I've ever shot including my k5, although much less often with that camera than previous models.

I'm sure for the purpose of "being right" in an internet forum, you have.

The odds of seeing any effective difference in DR between these two cameras is so slight as to be a non existent issue.

If you can measure it, and it's more than a 50% difference, I guarantee you can see it. Very easy to demonstrate. Someone with both cams should.

What some people should do is go outside and measure the DR of most of the scenes they photograph, and then see how silly it is to talk about a .7 stop difference in DR as being some sort of mega advantage.

You're now the second person after Pentax Prime I've blocked in many years on this forum, congratulations! It's a very exclusive club.

Matt

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow