Ok to use camera strap that mounts to 1/4-20 tripod mount on external grip MBD14?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
series5tii
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Ok to use camera strap that mounts to 1/4-20 tripod mount on external grip MBD14?
6 months ago

Hello,

I have a question regarding the use of a Nikon MBD14 external grip on my D610 body. I like to use the Custom SLR Glide Strap with the C loop.

The strap secures to the 1/4"-20 thread for tripods. I bought a MBD14 grip for my D610 and I noticed that when using the Custom SLR strap with the Cloop, the weight of the D610 body causes the MBD14 grip to flex a lot. So much so I can see a gap open up when I hang the camera in my hands and give it a bump like I'm walking up and down the street. I don't think I have a super heavy lens on the camera... most of the time a 28-300 and also a 14-24.

I also have the custom SLR M-Plate Pro Tripod Plate. Which exacerbates this even more as the 1/4 mount is then moved offset to the original 1/4 mount about 1 inch forward and thus providing a leverage to the whole assembly.

Thoughts if this is ok to let the grip always flex back and forth? or stop using the grip and return it?

Thanks,
Jason

Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow