Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jkmin
New MemberPosts: 22Gear list
Like?
Is D610 with 2 oil spots normal?
7 months ago

I bought D610 last week expecting the oil spot problem is gone. Previously, I purchased D600 but returned to the vendor due to too many oil spots with the photo taken with f16 against the sky.

I tested the new D610 just in case for the oil spot on the day I received it. It is within 100 shutter count that I took the sky with f16 to check for any oil spot. Much to my surprise and disappointment, I found 2 oil spot on the upper left corner and top mid area. I am not sure if the oil spots will show more as I take more pictures.

I see one post in B&H D610 comment section that one reviewer posted the D610 photo with an oil spot.

My question is that if this is normal for the D610 to have 2 oil spots from the beginning even though Nikon says they fixed the oil spot problem in D610. Or it my unit a defective one so I need to have this exchanged?

Could the D610 owners please make comments on this?

Thank you very much.

jkmin's gear list:jkmin's gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D7000 Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow