Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?
Re: not conversion
In reply to Mako2011, 6 months ago

Mako2011 wrote:

BirgerH wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

bflood wrote:

THIS HAS BEEN AN EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE!!!

Comparing the 8 bit to 8 bit and 16 to 16, the View NX2 images are distinctly brighter than the PSE versions.

That's because PSE applies a different camera profile than the Nikon Picture Controls and PSE also applies EC (neg perhaps) at the same time that ViewNX2 does not.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Yes Mako.

When it comes to convert the Pictures to "what it looks like" in the viewfinder, ViewNX2 is closer with no editing. It sure has better control over Nikons picture-settings - no doubth. Those two Pictures I posted at that time, showed that clearly. They were not edited in anyway, before converted to 16-bit, and then converted back to .jpg's to be shown here.

But the original OP had to Work with 16-bit tiffiles in his proffessionel Work - and when working with all 16 bit he had some problems with the ViewNx2 converted, which wasn't there with other converters, and wondered why.

Sure, but I was only commenting on the brightness issue bflood was speaking to, which is unrelated to tiff conversion.

Correct...

And the question is still there - why do ViewNX2 makes some kind of a hybrid (I would have used another Word, starting with b - but it's banned here :-)), a double 8-bit instead of a real 16-bit file.

An unknown at this point

Is it the only way to preserve Picture Control settings?

No as CNX2 does it different

But Again - for proffessionel Work you have to buy CaptureNX2 - just hope this will not handle converting to 16-bit in that manner.

It doesn't

Thanks...

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow