Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,637Gear list
Like?
Sent my D600 to Nikon.. great service, but that's not the interesting thing
6 months ago

I have had a clean D600 since April 2013.. No problem with it at all except last week I had a solid Black fleck on some photos.

I have no pro work for a little time and having a back up I thought I'd ask Nikon (UK) what they thought.

I uploaded a photo.

Within 5 mins they sent me a link to prepaid postage label PDF with instructions to send it in... warranty card proof of purchase etc.

This was Last Tuesday and I posted it off on the day:  I just got an email with the PDF invoice/notice saying it's now repaired and will be dispatched. I should get it back tomorrow. 1 Week form posting and back? That's good in my eyes as I was expecting 2 weeks!

Nothing to pay obviously.. BUT

it's the wording of the report: After saying they replaced shutter.. it says...

Thorough cleaning of mirror box, mirror mechanism and sensor area. Performing precautionary measures to reduce entry/dispersion of dust particles. Please note that DSLR cameras cannot be sealed completely... etc etc,

I'm wondering if this is what they are doing to new D610s on the production line?

Interesting.

We'll see what happens over the weeks/months ahead.

I can't say I'm not pleased with the response and action that has been taken by Nikon UK.

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +3 more
Nikon D600 Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow