Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fotolopithecus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,699Gear list
Like?
Anybody remember good natured ribbing?
9 months ago

I'm not sure how this is going to go down, but it's an honest observation I've made of this site. It's an enormously informative place for people into discussing gear, and that's the primary reason I've spent a fair amount of time here lately. What I've notice though is a distinct lack of humor, and fun that was the norm in the days when the Popular Photography site was jumping. People had fun with each other, razzing, insulting, and laughing at each other in a non vitriolic good natured way. I used to refer to one of the Mods there as "Canon hack" while he had numerous names for me usually starting or ending with Nikon.

There was no problem with being provocative as long as it wasn't filled with vitriol. Yes occasionally there was a food fight, and a thread would get locked, but it was unusual, and folks normally patched up their differences, realizing at some point that they had more in common with  each other than whatever the disagreement of the moment was. "Are we not photographers" Maybe it's not this site entirely, maybe it's people in general that take themselves too seriously these days. One thing I can tell you for sure is if you want to quash any dissenting opinions from your own , and conduct business in a humorless way things will not be family like, and will be dry, and more boring. Come on folks this is a place to discuss gear, and our common photographic interest, but it can be fun too, if we just lighten up a bit.

fotolopithecus's gear list:fotolopithecus's gear list
Nikon D610 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Wow!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow