Nikon 1.8G prime lenses kit for pro work? (FX camera)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Harald07
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Nikon 1.8G prime lenses kit for pro work? (FX camera)
8 months ago

Hello,

I'm just doing photography as a hobby for the moment and going to follow photography school in the near future.

A question I have is if you really need a kit with 1.4G lenses when you get started in doing some pro work (ex. 24 1.4G, 35 1.4G, 58 1.4G and 85 1.4G).

Or is it possible to start wit a kit 1.8G lenses? (ex. 28 1.8G, 35 1.8G, 50 1.8G and 85 1.8G).

I know there is a big difference in build quality and price, but is there going to be much difference in Image quality and versatility?

I'm asking this because now I only have the 50mm 1.8G and the 70-200mm f4 VR and I could buy the rest of the 1.8G lenses at once or just one 1.4G lens for the same price at this moment.

Maybe it's also important to mention I will probably never buy a 36Mp camera because I don't think I need all this huge files. I will always try to stay inbetween 16MP and 24MP range.

Harald07's gear list:Harald07's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow