Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jgrussell
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Aperture Slideshow questions
11 months ago

Hi, I've put together an Aperture slideshow. It's 919 photos, music, no videos and it's approx. 88 min long. I want to export it to burn to DVD using best quality possible. I set 1080pHD in export and my previews are set to 1920 x 1920 and 10 on the quality slider. My mbp was alerted that I did not have enough room and I need 107GB of space. Is that correct? Yikes?!!!

After that, I did regenerate previews at 1280 x 1280 to export at 720HD and it did export to desktop with a .mov file of 27GB. I was able to make a DVD in iDVD and it is ok/not great quality wise, 4.3GB on the DVD btw. So my question is, what would you suggest as best workflow to get a high qualty dvd that can play on HD tvs, computers etc. The slideshow plays beautifully on my computer and with my mbp connected to my Samsung tv also plays beautifully. S

Should I use a dual layer dvd?

Should I use a different program?

Thank you for any help and if you want to know why 919 photos, it's a retrospective look back at my son's 5 years of youth football, 4th through 8th grade. I want to give a dvd to all the parents so they can have it and play it for themselves. Photos are of entire team, not just my son!

John

jgrussell's gear list:jgrussell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow