ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
azoele
Contributing MemberPosts: 629
Like?
E-M1 autofocus set-up
9 months ago

Dear all,

I just acquired a m4/3 set (E-M1+12-40 and some other bits): is there a way to configure the shutter button on the E-M1 to simply shoot, and not perform autofocus?
I am used to the rest of my gear focusing only through the AF-On button, a solution extremely convenient to me and now very natural. I tried delving into the extensive menus, but wasn't able to figure out a way to accomplish this.

Is it at all possible?
For the moment, my "solution" has been to configure one of the two front buttons to "MF", thus disabling AF on shutter button. But this is a very ugly workaround, which slows down operations a lot on what is effectively a very, very fast camera.

Thanks to all,
Lorenzo

P.s.
Unrelated but... I lost, immediately, the top cover for the flash hot shoe. Is it dangerous to use the camera without it in case of rain? I know both the camera and the kit lens are superbly sealed, but that would leave the top contacts exposed...
Thanks again to all.

-- hide signature --

'The human race is a race of cowards. And I'm not only marching in that procession, but carrying a banner.'
Mark Twain

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow