Lightroom 5.3

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
billythek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,798
Like?
Re: How important are lens corrections?
In reply to graybalanced, 3 months ago

billythek wrote:

I usually apply lens profiles first, along with camera calibration. But the reality is it doesn't matter what order you do things in LR, since the changes aren't applied until you export, anyway.

It doesn't matter for processing order, but for workflow efficiency, I don't apply lens corrections unless they are visibly needed because they have been suspected of slowing down the processing pipeline especially when many local corrections like spotting are added, and I don't have the latest computer.

But if you don't notice any performance problem, then a preset to add them at import is a good idea.

I used to have performance issues on a previous system, so I can sympathize. After some upgrades, though, everything is quick, both Lightroom and CC. More memory helped the most, I think, although a faster multi-core processor and an SSD also helped.

I also avoid doing a lot of edits using adjustment brushes in LR, so maybe that helps avoid performance issues, too. I do edits almost always in CC or Nik.
--
- Bill

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow