Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
starlight110
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
canon sx50 video low light exposure question
8 months ago

Hi!, I´m considering to buy the canon sx50, i would use it mainly for indoor videos mostly zooming until 600mm (equiv.) max. I´m currently using a canon a630 which has a 1/1,8´ sensor and 4,1 aperture at 140mm tele, indoor videos are not awful but less than acceptable for my taste. The sx50 has a back illuminated sensor but 1/2,3´ and from what I´ve found googling, it has 5,6´max aperture until about 600mm. My question is, will the sx50 deliver better or at least equal low light video quality (but of course more res, and optical zoom) considering it has a back illuminated sensor and maybe other improvements since it´s a newest camera or it´s low light sensitivity will be noticeably affected because of its smaller sensor and slower aperture? in the last case i don´t know if the price of the sx50 would be justified, is there another cheaper camera with full hd videos and swivel screen but maybe less zoom to consider? Thanks!! and forgive my english!

Canon PowerShot A630
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow