Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Suhan
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Buying X100S by itself vs X100S kit?
11 months ago

Hello, I'm on the verge of ordering X100S. I see that there are few options on going about

buying this beauty of a machine.

Option #1: X100S

I live in Canada and the cheapest price I found was from McBain Camera. Here . Priced at $1199.95.

Option #2: X100s Kit

There couple of different kit options on Amazon.ca. This one is what I was interested in.

"This Kit Includes: * Fujifilm X100S Digital Camera * 0.45X Wide Angle Lens * 2X Telephoto Lens * 3 Piece Filter Kit (UV-CPL-FLD) * 16GB Memory Card * High Speed Memory Card Reader * Extended Life Replacement Battery * Full Size Tripod * Carrying Case * Starter Kit (Table Top Tripod, LCD Screen Protectors & Cleaning Kit) * Microfiber Cleaning Cloth"

Because this will be my first serious camera, I don't own any accessories to get started with. So I was leaning more towards buying the kit. However, I'm constantly running into reviews where people basically trash talk about the quality of the accessories that come with it. I totally understand the "you get what you pay for."

So here is my question: For a person who never owned a Camera(serious camera) before, which product would you recommend?

Thanks,

Chris

p.s. Before considering X100S as my first cam, I was considering Nikon D7000 Kit from Costco. The reason why I've decided to go with X100S is because I will be travelling a lot this summer. I understand that X100S is a fixed Focal Length/point. I'm more interested in Street Photography anyway...

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow